October 6, 2011

Lori's Weekly Bella Bling- Knife Organization

I have missed a few weeks of Lori's Bella Bling, but am back and ready to give you my second choice on knife storage.

My 2 carat rated knife accessory "bling" is a drawer knife holder. Dura Supreme makes their holder of 1" thick solid maple with groove cuts for each knife blade and a cork pad underneath for the knife handle to rest on. In a standard base cabinet, the unit will hold 7 knives (paring, boning, bread, chef, etc). In a larger width drawer, it can hold a maximum of 10 knives, enabling you to also store the (4) four steak knives in your set.
The reason I gave this a 2 carat rating is because it is great for organization, but not as flexible I would like it to be. The big disadvantage of this knife holder is that it requires permanent installation. Once the unit is installed, it must be uninstalled to move it from drawer to drawer.

Next week we will look at my 3 carat rated knife accessory- one that actually pulls out of a space that is often ignored.

0 comments: