May 23, 2011

Kitchen Stool


My mother made this awesome stool for son's birthday present this year. You may think "why a stool for a 3 year olds birthday present", but what you don't know is that my son loves being in the kitchen with me and he isn't quite tall enough to help out without a stool. This stool gives him an extra boost to reach the countertop and help with cooking preparation and washing dishes. We love this stool and it has become part of the kitchen.
Since this stool has come into our lives, there have been some great memories made and also some not so good. Like yesterday, when I was flying around the kitchen trying to get dinner made before the "big" storm came and I rammed my shin into the side of the stool. But don't get me wrong, I would much rather have the stool then not.











During my "ouch" dance and holding my shin, I thought to myself, I need a storage solution for this stool. I haven't found the perfect spot yet, but I did come across this wonderful system for a kitchen stool as I was browsing the catalog.

This stool is stored in the toe kick of kitchen cabinetry. I would recommend this system to anyone with small children. A stool in the kitchen can bring a family a lifetime of memories.







0 comments: