July 13, 2011

Lori's Weekly Bella Bling: Drawer Spices


Item: Drawer Spice Kit       Rating: 1 Carat

Here is my choice for the 1 carat rating of spice accessories in base cabinets. The drawer spice kit. It can be factory installed when placing the order – or – it can be ordered later, as an accessory. Each angled “shelf” is loose and is placed into the drawer. Because they are removable, the shelves can be taken out of the drawer box and wiped clean.
The photo at top shows the unit as it is opening and the photo below shows the drawer fully extended, so spices in the back are easily accessible. I have this accessory in one of my drawers next to the cooktop. I also store nuts and dried fruit in glass jars and place them horizontally on a “shelf” in order for the drawer to close. The nuts and fruit are quickly accessible when I am making my summer salads.

But, think outside the box (in this case outside the drawer box). This accessory would be a great organization aide in the craft room storing ribbon, glitter bottles, paint tubes, the list is endless.
This accessory has ease of cleaning BUT only certain size spices and jars fit and thus gets only a 1 carat rating.

0 comments: