June 30, 2011

In The Shadow


This past weekend I decided to do a little redecorating/ space redesign in our bedroom. For seven years, the bed has been against the same wall and for seven years, the dresser has been in the same spot and so on for the other items in the room. I needed a change and I finally was able to talk my husband into helping me move that double pillow top king size bed (only movable with two or more people). The transformation is amazing and I can’t believe what a difference the feel is for this room. 

After the furniture was moved and the closet doors were removed, the organizing began. We are trying to condense all of our clothes and personal belongs (my husbands and mine) into one room in order to make our “office” room into more of a spare room for company. In order to do this, we tossed any piece of clothing we had not worn in a year or longer. It is amazing how much room we have in our closet now and was able to bring everything over from the “spare” room. The next step is moving all my jewelry into our room. I have to perfect spot and I happened across the perfect solution this week on an amazing blog, http://craftylaine.com/. The shadow box jewelry box http://craftylaine.com/1151/shadow-box-turned-jewelry-box/
I am set to completing it this weekend and will let you know how it turns out. As I was studying this box I realized this could also be reconfigured for the kitchen. Measuring spoons, sauce packets, twist ties and other trinkets can be stored in this visually pleasing shadow box. Have fun making yours!

0 comments: